Thursday, April 12, 2012

Linger

Just a few more minutes, please?
I am so loving the feeling of you here
Pulling me as close as you can get me
Your arms holding me fully
Your lips, telling me you love me
Please don't go.

Stay on
We have the world right now
My hand in yours,
Your heart in mine
We could go on this way forever.

On the beach
We can soak up the sun
In the mountains
Let's take a million pictures
At the best restaraunt
We'll inhale the aromas
On the praries
We'll revel with our families.

Forever is a while
I guess I can bear a separation
It only makes us stronger
But know that I'll be longing
Waiting, hoping, and dreaming
Time may stand still
Or it may soar by
Until the day
I'm with you again,
This time to stay.

1 comment:

  1. My dear I understand completely. It is hard waiting, just as it is hard knowing that the person you love has to leave soon. Seems like there is always a clock ticking in the back of your head in either case.

    ReplyDelete